Wednesday, July 16, 2014

three options, Earth revolving, and optimistic quotes from The Official Quotable Doctor Who

The Official Quotable Doctor Who: The Wit and Wisdom of Doctor Who

I decided to open up this book and read a bit today. It is really a lovely book, and I've barely made a dent in the pages! There are some quotes within that I think, eh. But others I absolutely love, such as these:

"'Look, three options. One, I let the Star Whale continue in unendurable agony for hundreds more years. Two, I kill everyone on this ship. Three, I murder a beautiful, innocent creature as painlessly as I can. And then I find a new name, because I won't be the Doctor any more.'"

"'Do you know like we were saying about the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles and hour, and the entire planet is hurtling round the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.'"

And my favorite so far:

"'I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.'"

I may have to retract my statement about this book not being worth $20! I am glad I purchased it.

No comments:

Post a Comment