Saturday, July 5, 2014

a crochet anomaly

My youngest daughter has been working on a Barbie blanket these last couple of days and finally finished it today. I finished off one end of the yarn for her, and when I went to finish off the other, I could not believe my eyes. HOW? Is all I can think of to say. For those of you who are not familiar with crocheting, you will finish a simple project with 2 strands of yarn to hid within the piece, one strand is where you started, the other where you ended. On a simple flat piece like this, they should end up each on a corner on the opposite ends. Her beginning strand somehow ended up closer to the middle of the project, and I checked, that is actually where it started (so it was not accidentally worked up to that spot). Again, how?! I cannot figure this one out! This is not the first time I have helped finish off one of her projects and discovered something never seen before! She cracks me up. One of these days I am just going to sit and watch her to see how she creates such fascinating anomalies!

1 comment:

  1. The colors are georgeous, very vibrant. I hope you can learn all her secrets!

    ReplyDelete