Wednesday, July 2, 2014

birthday cake

What is my favorite kind of birthday cake? I will have to say just about any, but if I had to choose I would pick chocolate. I have no qualms admitting that I love chocolate (any and all, just not dark). However, in our home we have to have gluten free cake (related to my oldest daughter's diagnosis of Crohn's Disease), so we have all learned to not be too picky in the world of gluten free pastries of any kind. What you might find dull in flavor, we have learned is delicious. I also miss my tradition of baking the birthday cake with my daughters on their birthdays (due to my OCD contaminated kitchen association), so now my hubby makes the cake for us on birthdays. I don't really have much to journal about cakes, except that chocolate wins hands down, and I almost always opt for no ice cream.

* This was written in response to the word prompt (birthday cakes) from The One-Minute Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment