Thursday, January 8, 2015

best of

This journaling post is in response to The One-Minute Writer prompt for today, "best of". More specifically, what has been the best part of 2015 for me so far? This first week of 2015 has been filled with a lot of preparing for my oldest daughter's medical needs. She has several upcoming appointments that require a bit of things to do on my part, such as getting referrals in order and double checking appointment times. So that means a lot of phone calls and waiting on the line. On top of that, I also had to put together a stool sample that will check for inflammation markers in her bowels, as for whatever reason, her blood work is not always truthful when it comes to that. With having severe Contamination OCD myself, that is quite a challenge. I am glad to have finished that on my to do list (as it was causing me a lot of anxiety just thinking about having to do it), and await the results. So, there really hasn't been a lot going on during this first week for me to ponder about. When these times arise that are saturated with a lot of medical things to be done for my daughter's health, I sort of just slip into survival mode and try to get everything done, and find my mind more in the stress and worry zone. My daughter has her Remicade Infusion tomorrow, which means yesterday and today is time to pump her up with water so that the IV goes in smoothly and the blood is easy flowing for her blood work. We have also been dealing with some other Crohn's issues this week for her that have me a tad worried, hoping it will all pan out and not need anything further (such as a doctor appointment, x-rays, and anything else). Back to the original question, I did finally receive my new 5-year journal in the mail, and I have been diligently recording a positive moment from each day within. I know it is such a small thing, but it really has me excited to take it out at night before bed and ponder what special moment I want to record in the book. I am excited to see the book continue to fill up with moments that I will be able to look back on and re-read. I have never really kept any sort of a journal at all, as I really dislike the idea of having a book filled with my personal thoughts. I just don't like it! However, I am very in love with this idea of just recording a special moment for each day in a set up like this journal. It is perfect for me, and I feel is starting my new year out in the right direction!  

No comments:

Post a Comment