Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 Tag

I am still a little in that stage of reminiscing about the previous year, and thinking about the new. I discovered this tag on Yet Another Perdiod Drama, and thought I would ponder these questions a bit:

What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I had a blast in Florida. We have been to Disney World once before, but this second family vacation there this past summer was AMAZING. I enjoyed the first visit several years ago, but I think with my daughters a little older, it allows me as the mother to enjoy what is happening around me a little more, as opposed to be focusing so much on helping them with every little thing. I was able to just simply have fun with both my daughters and my husband. One of my favorite all time moments...that lasted a week!

Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make one this year?

I honestly don't remember what it was. I think maybe it was about trying to be more dedicated to learning French, but that didn't really happen. I had phases throughout the year that I made progress, but I don't think I necessarily stayed dedicated. This year, I do have a New Year's Resolution, that I see will be explained in a question further down about what I want to do this year.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

What countries/states did you visit?
I wont count states we traveled through, but basically just Orlando, Florida. Oh, and Baltimore, Maryland.

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More direction in what makes me feel fulfilled.

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?
I don't know that any specific date will, other than the date that my oldest daughter continues to share that marks the days she fell from her bike and scraped the back of her leg, leaving a tiny wispy line of a scar. That was in July, by the way.

Did you move anywhere?
No. I am not sure if that is good or bad. We are military, and I really am not a fan of where we are, so I would love to move. However, my oldest daughter's medical health worries me when it comes to moving. I always have that worrying in the back of my mind, whether or not she would get just as good of care in a new destination as here.

What was the best month?
I would have to say December this year is definitely one. It was nice to have my husband home, my girls growing up and still excited for Christmas. I thoroughly enjoyed watched Christmas movies with my daughters and just the Christmas Spirit that was roaming through our house on a daily basis. Other than that, definitely August. That was when we went to Florida for our family vacation. My favorite vacation we have had so far! 

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This is something that is a little hard to explain, so I wont. I will just share that I have been on a path learning new ways in doing energy work to help others. I don't fully understand it, but the learning process is satisfying and the simple fact that this opportunity has opened up for me is wonderful.

What was your biggest failure?
Bleh. I don't know what to say about this one. Anything I share would be probably super personal and self critiquing that it would be positive to get into.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Somewhat. I had what was termed as a soft tissue infection in my outer ear, which caused my entire left ear to swell to scary dimensions, while turning a grey color. It was quite painful, and familiar. I had the same thing in my nose a couple of years ago. The coincidence of the two incidences leads me to believe it is something else, but no matter what it is, it is no fun!

What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm. I am not sure anything I purchased is really the best of anything. I did purchase a wonderful copy of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, one that I had been wanting for a few years. I found it at an amazing price and couldn't resist. That purchase was a great thing for me. If I don't look at this as things I purchased for me, definitely medications for my oldest daughter. If I don't look at something so serious, books that I have purchased for my daughters that they have really enjoyed.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Always my daughters. My oldest is always so incredibly brave and strong when it comes to all that she experiences with having Crohn's Disease. I am always so proud of how she handles her Remicade Infusions, medications, blood work, and everything else. She carries strength within her, at age 12, that I can rarely see in an adult. She amazes me. I am always so proud of my youngest daughter's endless loving, caring, and helpful nature. She can truly be my lifeline at times, just sitting beside her, when I am feeling down. She is such a wonderful support to our entire family, and for age 9, that is pretty amazing. I try to celebrate these things whenever I can, with thank yous, hugs, kisses, and verbal expressions of just how wonderful they both are.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I will have to say some family members on both sides. I wont mention any names, but on one side, on several occasions, I have felt completely disrespected to the point of it truly affected my life in such a terrible way. On the other side, not so much anything directed specifically at me, but I found myself saddened at how family was treating one another, especially while I was wishing so badly to be closer to everyone. I have, however, found a place within to not let these things depress me like that had. I have moved on.

Where did most of your money go?
Probably our family vacation in Florida.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
LOL. This question makes me laugh. I get really excited about a lot of things. Every new craft or hobby I try, plans we have, watching a movie with my girls. I think in life, you really, really, really need to get excited about a lot of things!

What was the best concert you’ve been to this year?
Does Disney World's light show at the end of the day count?

What song/album will always remind you of 2014?
Definitely Cher Lloyd's Want U Back. My daughter's have had that song on repeat...so....many...days. Whenever the cycle starts, my husband and I look at each other! LOL.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder? I am feeling quite happy in this moment. I can't say overall, as sometimes my depressed rolls in unannounced.
2. thinner or fatter? Hmmm......
3. richer or poorer? Again, family vacation in Florida. You can't do all that Disney World fun without spending quite a bit.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Probably a lot of things. I tend to feel stuck in this "old me" stage of life, doing hobbies and things that tend to leave me unfulfilled. I am a little clueless as to where to point myself, so probably a lot of things, I just have to figure them out... still.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as last question. Wish I did less of the things that I think are a part of me that really are no longer. Things that I have outgrown in my life, for many reasons.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I did get a ukulele for Christmas, early, that I had some fun with for a few weeks. I learned many Christmas Carols on it, in time for Christmas! I find it interesting that so many questions are music related.

How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my husband and two daughters. It was nice having us all together!

How are you spending New Year’s?
We spent it the same as Christmas, all four of us together at home.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Probably the same as every year, my mother.

What was the best book you read?
I have to say that this year I really really loved The Official Quotable Doctor Who. I know the show comes across at first as something silly and fun (which it is), but there is a lot of wonderful profound topics and quotes within that I love.

Did you fall in love in 2014?
I am married, so I have not just recently fallen in terms of people. But I have recently fallen in love with several shows I discovered, which I will share in the next question!

What was your favorite TV show?
I discovered Doctor Who, watched all of the newer seasons in the span of a couple of weeks. Love it. Love love love it. I also discovered The 100, which I love as well. I also started watched Modern Family, which I find incredibly hilarious. My other favorite show that is not "new", I have always thoroughly enjoyed The Vampire Diaries since it started. Those are probably my top 4 favorite TV shows.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not really. There are people whom I hold in a different light, but definitely nothing close to hate. In fact, there is probably an opposite. This time last year there was someone that I really really disliked, utterly had no respect for (not sure I would use the word hate though), and have gotten past that. Not past that in terms of we are best buds now, but past that in terms that I no longer have such strong negative feelings when I think about that person. More along the lines that I found within myself to not allow this person to ignite such upset within me.

What did you want and get?
Gosh. Of course a lot of little random things that don't really matter in the scope of life. I did want to progress in the energy work that I do, which is happening. That makes me pleased. Something that I had not known would or could come about, that did, was that my oldest daughter has hit a new level of acceptance or strength, not sure what to call it, with her Remicade Infusions. When she first started them, it took about a year for her to be more comfortable with them and to not be in such a terrible emotional state the few days prior, and during the infusions. I was so relieved as mother to see that, as it is heartbreaking to see someone so young that love go through these things. This year though, I began to notice her feeling even more relaxed, as if the infusions did put her out at all. It was as regular as getting dressed in the morning! Of course she is human, and not every single infusion goes so smoothly, but as her mother, to see her feeling this way even for some infusions, is a miracle. I definitely wanted this for her, for her medical needs to not be so draining on her, but I hadn't known that it would be possible from the direction of her making it happen within herself. How awesome is that?

What did you want and not get?
I am still feeling like I do not fully understand myself. I feel that several years ago, I was somewhat shocked into a new person. I still am unsure what books I prefer to read, as most tend to fall flat for me, when I use to be an avid reader. I still am unsure of what hobby I need to throw myself into that would leave me feeling fulfilled. I use to be an avid crafter, such as crocheting, weaving, loom knitting, and lots of other things. I still do them, but they do not make me feel like I am glad I spent my time on them when I am finished. I would have loved to figure out whatever I am missing about myself to feel like I am doing the things that matter to me.

What were your favorite films of this year?
I did love Maleficent. I am having a hard time thinking about what movies I watched this year. Does "of this year" mean that they were released this year, or just watched this year? I really loved watching A Christmas Carol (the animated version with Jim Carrey). I had kind of forgotten about the movie, and wasn't really able to enjoy it with my daughters until this year (as it was too scary for them prior). I absolutely love Charles Dickens, and I thought this movie was spectacular. It inspired me to get a copy of the book; I hope to read through it soon (for the first time).

 
I also just adored the new Equestria Girls movie Rainbow Rocks. (Yes, I know, it is a kids movie, but there is just something about the creative construct of these movies that I absolutely love).

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Same as always. I have always been a plain jane, and probably always will be.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Is that terrible that I don't remember? I can remember what we did for others in the family, but mine is a blank. My husband and I have birthdays exactly a week apart (I am the older wiser one), so we tend to try and celebrate together by eating out with the family. I am sure we did that, but other details are slipping my mind. I do need to journal more!

What kept you sane?
My family, my youngest specifically. She just has an energy about her that immediately uplifts me just being near her. She is a bit miraculous in that way. Also YouTube. I am sort of a people watcher, and love getting glimpses into other people and how they live, what they are passionate about. It intrigues me.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I feel like some of these questions are redundant, or is it just me? I feel like I have answered this more than once already, disguised as other questions.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't know. I would probably have to think a lot more on this question as well. It may spark a post in the near future!

What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't generally get stirred up by political issues. I may have an opinion, but I am not one that is ready to throw it in everyone's faces aggressively. I really can't think of anything that sticks out that is worth mentioning on my part right now.

Who do you miss?
I definitely miss being around family a lot this past year. We were able to go back and visit family on both sides the summer before last, and it really impacted me. Made me wish we were closer and able to spend more time together on a regular basis.

Who was the best new person you met?
I will have to think further on this one. I don't think I really met anyone new that became a big part of my life in any way, so this person would probably be someone in passing. I do recall several times running into a stranger that said or did something nice, but in this very moment I cannot recall specifics. I do always appreciate and fully acknowledge when someone in the medical field treats my daughter nice. It happens so rarely that it is always such a big deal for me when I see a nurse or doctor be genuinely nice, forthcoming with information, and supportive towards my daughter specifically.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Yikes. I have no idea about that one either! Music hasn't been a huge part in my life this past year, other than my random singing of songs around the house and to my girls that are purely made up (which I do on a daily basis). I will have to think more on this one as well. I may have to link this question to a previous, and again say Cher Lloyd's Want U Back! LOL. Only because I have heard it so incredibly much! My year will probably forever be marked with this song.

Five things I want to do in 2015:
1. I want to be consistent in journaling, especially in my new 5-Year Journal. I am excited to be able to look back and read a good moment from each day throughout the year.
2. I am also hoping to start blogging more and just simply having more fun writing and expressing myself.
3. Pretty random, but I want to learn more verses to common Christmas Carols before next Christmas.
4. I want to focus on trying to let things go. That includes mentally, emotionally, and literally energy wise. I need to find ways to release negative energy that builds up and causes depression for me.
5. I want to work on truly believing more purely when it comes to what can be accomplished through the energy work or energy healing in general. I think that I put my own limitations on myself that I want to break free from.

Five people I’d like to know better in 2015:
I would like to know my husband better. I think him and I have strayed from understanding a lot about the other over the past several years. I'd like to take more time to getting to know more about him. My children are ever changing, growing, even in their likes and dislikes. I want to continue to learn who they are as they grow, and celebrate who they are with them as they discover. So that is 3, other than that, I am up for getting to know just about anyone else that will create a positive impact in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment