Friday, April 24, 2015

readathon fun tomorrow!


So, apparently tomorrow is the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. I have never heard of this before, and I feel so ashamed, deprived, and lonely to not have been participating in this event the past 8 years it has been running! Tomorrow is actually our family day, which is in much need lately as my husband has changed to grave shift, making quality time with him scarce. However, my daughters and I really want to have fun with all the other people participating in this readathon, and will do our best to get in as much reading around our family day as possible. We may actually get in a good chunk of reading waiting for my husband to wake up, but because we will have other things on our agenda tomorrow, I have promised my daughters that later this week we will fully celebrate reading and have a 24 hour readathon with the three of us. What girly fun that will be! Plus, tomorrow we are planning to visit a huge used book store that is a couple of towns over, so we should have lots to dig into then. Even though we will be reading as much as possible tomorrow, I will not be officially signing up for the event, but will be sharing on my blog what I read and how much.
Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1)
Now, what am I planning to read tomorrow? I am always so fickle, so what I plan to read a lot of times tends to change the second I sit down and open the book. But, I do want to finish up Midnight for Charlie Bone, which is the first in a series. If I do get that finished, I would like to get started on the second book, as I am loving the fun of this series. I have also been wanting to dig into a Star Wars book lately, but have been too lazy to get started. I have a few in my stash that I haven't read yet, plus I have been considering rereading a few I own. Not sure which one will catch my interest tomorrow, but hopefully I will be able to pick one up at some point throughout the day. I have also had Sense and Sensibility on my mind lately. Other than that, I am not too organized about this event, I will just go with the flow!
How about you? Are any of my blog readers participating in this event? Did you know about this readathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment