Thursday, April 30, 2015

cranes...cranes...and more cranes!

I've had origami cranes on my mind the past few days. I am not sure what triggered it, but it isn't uncommon to have the little paper pretties to come fluttering into my mind. I don't know if I have mentioned before, but I do love folding paper cranes. I really adore the true story of Sadako Sasaki, which you can read more about here. I have read that book, too, and loved it. I also have a personal belief that the cranes do help to create peace within, and then also holding that peaceful energy long after in the paper crane itself. I actually have over 600 paper cranes folded, grouped together and hung in different rooms throughout our house. I have bunches by each of our beds, and one bright colorful strand by my own bed that cheers me up when I am feeling low.
I will guess that cranes have been on my mind because I have been having a harder time connecting with energy lately to do energy work, and folding cranes has really always helped align me to where I needed to be, to a more peaceful state that allows me to be more perceptive. So I am sure I am needing to fold a few lately. I don't usually use origami papers, as I always find them so expensive.
Most in our house have been folded with thinner scrapbook papers, but I also have a huge stack of post-it type square papers (without the sticky), and I have long forgotten about. I dug them out tonight. They are such bright pretty colors (the papers I used to fold the strand by my own bed). I believe I paid less than $5 for a stack of 1,000 squares, all the colors of the rainbow! I decided tonight that I would use those, and maybe decorate them a bit with my stamps. I had fun creating little prints on that papers. I like to fold a bunch to hang in our house, and sometimes I fold a strand especially for someone dear to me, such as my mom. I got some Halloween papers a couple years ago and folded her a strand with lots of Halloween colors. But I also like to fold random cranes and leave them places while I am out, well, I use to. I haven't done so in a long while, but I should start that up again. I liked to take receipts (our copies) at restaurants and fold them into cranes and leave it with the signed copy...just for smiles! Anyways, I thought I might share a picture of some of my paper cranes, and my own stamped patterns I created tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment