Tuesday, April 28, 2015

books about living in or moving to France

I know I've mentioned once or twice, but something I really really love to do, just about anytime, is search things, looking things up online. After going through college, I think I learned how to navigate the web quite efficiently so that I can find just about any information I am looking for in a matter of minutes. Being as I am a book lover as well, books are one thing that I can browse through and search for hours at a time, anytime. I tend to get a curiosity about a specific theme in a book and see what I can find that strikes my fancy. Anyways, I thought I might start sharing some lists of interesting finds on here, for nothing more that just simply fun.
Ever since I went to that larger used book store this past weekend, I've had a book in my mind that I put back on the shelf, limiting myself to only 2 books. I just couldn't give up the two I already had in my hands! Anyways, it was a book about Paris, which has left me craving to read something beautifully fun revolving around French life. So...here are a few books I discovered today:

Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate)
Paris, My Sweet, by Amy Thomas. This is the book I had to place back on the shelf this weekend. It looked quite tasty!

Hidden in Paris
Hidden in Paris, by Corine Gantz. Another lovely enticing read!

Le Road Trip: A Traveler's Journal of Love and France
Le Road Trip: A Traveler's Journal of Love and France, by Vivian Swift. This book just looks like it would be so much fun to look through. This might be a book I just try to get my hands on sometime in the far far future!

Paris Letters
Paris Letters, by Janice Macleod. Again, adorable story line.

The French House: An American Family, a Ruined Maison, and the Village That Restored Them All
The French House, by Don Wallace. I read a review that said this was reminiscent of The Money Pit, which just sounds utterly fun with a French setting.

My Grape Escape
My Grape Escape, which is followed by a second book titled My Grape Village, both written by Laura Bradbury. Another story based on the life altering decision to just up and move to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment