Saturday, April 25, 2015

2 new books and a readathon update

We went out today for our family day! Enjoying the crisp air (yes, it was a tad chilly again today, sweatshirt weather) and sunshine was nice. We drove a couple towns over to visit a larger used book store, as both series my daughters are reading are never found in our local store. I wanted to get them each the next two books in their series, but unfortunately, there was only one in each series available. My oldest got Fire Star, the 3rd book in The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris D'Lacey and the 5th book in The Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson. My youngest got The Long Haul in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and the Do-It-Yourself Book by Jeff Kinney. So they are happy little girls tonight

Found (The Missing, #1) As for me, I get overwhelmed in bookstores, and tend to just finding myself meandering around aimlessly, so if I know a bookstore trip is coming up I try to write down books I know I want so I can seek them out easier. I didn't seem to find anything I was looking for. I wanted to get the first few books in The Missing series by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I have been wanting to read this series for quite a while, however, I was only able to get my hands on the first book today, Found (hardcover for $3). At least I will be able to give the series a start and find out if I like it or not. That was really the only book I could find today that I was wanting.



Wildwood (Wildwood Chronicles, #1)I did stumbled upon the book Wildwood by Colin Meloy, again. This book is a bit strange for me, I tend to see it frequently, always pulling it off the shelf and thinking it is beautifully intriguing. It is really a striking book. Today, I decided to get it (beautiful hardcover for $8, it is over 500 pages). I think it might be perfect for a few themes I was wanting to read. It appears to be some sort of a fairytale-ish adventure with creatures, villains, and even anthropomorphism. To be honest, I have been craving all three of those characteristics in a book lately, so it might be perfect! I believe there is also three books in this series (or is it just a trilogy?), so I am hoping I may find some other books to read from here.

Now for the my progress with the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, which is not very much! I did get some reading in this morning, reading 82 pages in Midnight for Charlie Bone, then I got sleepy and took a nap! I have been having a lot of insomnia lately, so I dosed off while I could. I will probably continue on reading some of Midnight for Charlie Bone tonight until I go to bed. Not sure if I will stay up let to get more reading in or not, I will just see how the night goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment