Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Heroines

I know I recently participated in something similar to this, but I feel more prepared this time around after I have thought further on this since. This specific Top Ten meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The Secret Magdalene
Mariamne in The Secret Magdalene by Ki Longfellow
 
Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Star Wars, #1)
Padme in The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks

Antigone
Antigone in Antigone by Sophocles

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
Annabeth in Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordon

One Good Knight (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #2)
Andromeda in One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey
 
The Meeting Place (Song of Acadia, #1)
Catherine in The Meeting Place by Janette Oke

Sense and Sensibility
Elinor in Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Poison Study (Study, #1)
Yelena in Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

The Photograph
Maddy in The Photograph by Virginia Ellis

My Antonia (Great Plains trilogy #3)
Antonia in My Antonia by Willa Cather



2 comments:

  1. Those all look like great heroines!:)

    What's "Poison Study" about? The cover looks intriguing:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I read Poison Study probably 7 years ago or so I think. It was a library book, and I think of it every now and then and remember how much I enjoyed it, but can't remember too much of it now. It has been on my list of rereads, and it the first book in a trilogy. I would like to some day get my hands on all three and read straight through. I do remember though that her job in the beginning (if I remember correctly, it was a punishment) is the poison taster. She tastes all the food for the king or something to be sure it isn't poisoned. I believe she escapes that fate and goes on some wild adventure, but the rest of the details have left me! I also remember her as quite a brash girl.

      Delete