Thursday, February 12, 2015

mysterious Sherlock

My night is pretty much taken over be the TV. Thursday nights are my favorite television nights, as most of my favorite shows are on. I love watching The Vampire Diaries, Reign, and Elementary. Elementary is probably my most favorite show. Well, that tied with The 100. But who doesn't like a little Sherlock? I know Benedict Cumberbatch fans will argue with me, but I love love love Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes. I have watched a lot of versions of Sherlock, and he is by far the most absolute. To me, he fits Sherlock's personality the best, and I just cannot get enough of this show! I also love how the writers took a creative twist and cast Lucy Liu as Watson. Perfect! I have had Sherlock on my mind lately, as I keep discovering Jonny Lee Miller in other random films and movies. Every time I notice him, I just think it is so awesome. Thinking about Sherlock lately has had me wondering a new book I snagged at our base library giveaway, Writing Detective and Mystery Fiction by Burack. This is obviously an old book. I removed the disastrous library cover to reveal the beautiful blue hardcover beneath. I have always thought it would be so exciting to have a character myself that I could write continuous short stories about, one that could solve all kinds of mysteries. I am thinking when my shows have finished tonight, I may crack this book open and see if it will give me any tips. I kind of can't wait to see what information this book holds, as writing mysteries would definitely be new territory for me. We will see what comes of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment