Saturday, February 21, 2015

divergently excited

Well, I splurged unexpectedly today. I woke up and flipped on the TV for a little bit before I had to take my girls to their make-up dance class and saw that Divergent was on again. I had watched this movie in passing one weekend afternoon in December I think. My girls were up in their bedrooms playing all afternoon, my hubby at work, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was actually impressed with the storyline! For me, it was a bit cheesy in some places, like most books to movie interpretations (Twilight comes to mind), but overall I liked it. I think I was caught up in the idea of Divergent being too similar to Hunger Games (which I am not interested in at all), so I never gave it a second thought.
I decided today after catching the end of the movie that I wanted to read the books! I am always jumping on the band wagon a bit late when it comes to newer series. I don't mind though because then I don't have to wait before each book is released. I went ahead and ordered the 4 book box set today from Amazon and cannot wait to get them in the mail! I think it will be a series that I will really enjoy.

I also took my girls to Toys R Us today after dance class to spend a bit of money they had and stumbled upon the Divergent DVD, so I got it for myself. I think tonight or tomorrow I may have some momma time and watch the movie again. My husband works every other weekend, so this weekend is just us girls. That usually tends to mean just me because they have a blast doing their own thing together, playing dolls and all that fun stuff. It will give me something to do! Plus the DVD came with fun tattoos, I might just shock my girls and put them all over me...or them!

No comments:

Post a Comment