Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Star Wars books I own...

I thought I would write up a random post sharing the Star Wars books that I own, just for fun! I remember my family watching the original Star Wars trilogy all the time when I was a kid, and to be honest, I loathed the movies; was not interested in them at all. Several years ago my husband convinced me to watch all 6 movies, my one condition was to watch them in chronological order over how they were produced. I ended up falling in love with the prequel trilogy. It is just full of so much. Since then I've been enjoying Star Wars books, and our entire family plays the online Star Wars The Old Republic game together as well. Believe it or not, even though I pretty much cannot stand playing any form of computer or video games, I have a level 48 Jedi Consular healer. It has been a while since I've played her, but I am actually pretty darn good at healing with her. Anyways, here are the Star Wars books that I currently own (not including Star Wars books owned by my husband or my daughters, these are just mine) :

Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Star Wars, #1)
The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks, of course!

Shatterpoint (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #1)
Shatterpoint by Mathew Stover. I gave this one only 2 stars, but I have a feeling I might like it more reading it a second time around. We will see someday. I got this for a Christmas gift one year from one of my daughters. I can't remember which one, as they both gave me a Star Wars book that year. 
 
Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #1)
Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore. This is book one in The New Jedi Order series. I have not yet read this one, but I should, as I know this is a large series and it may open me up to a lot of books I would like. This is the other book I received for Christmas one year from one of my daughters. I am actually surprised either of them would pick this, as it looks quite creepy on the cover! I would probably guess though that my oldest picked this one and my youngest picked Shatterpoint.
 
The Joiner King (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #1)
The Joiner King by Troy Denning. This is book one in the Dark Nest trilogy. I so bad want to read through this trilogy, but whenever I start it, I never get far. Once I get into it though, I have a feeling this will be a trilogy that I will love. Han Solo, Princess Leia, and giant bugs...awesomeness!
 
The Unseen Queen (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #2)
The Unseen Queen by Troy Denning. This is book two in the Dark Nest trilogy.
 
The Swarm War (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #3)
The Swarm War by Troy Denning. This is, of course, book three in the Dark Nest trilogy. I had been wanting this trilogy for a long time and stumbled across a really great deal for them on ebay. I NEED to read these.
 
Tatooine Ghost (Star Wars)
Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning. I don't know why I own so many written by Troy Denning, as I have not yet finished any of these books by him. This was probably my very first Star Wars book I purchased, at our bookstore in the mall years ago before it closed. I really like the novels with Han Solo and Princess Leia together, I love their relationship, plus Tatooine is my favorite planet in the world of Star Wars. I have read a lot of this book, several times. I keep getting sidetracked, then forgetting what I read, and basically reading the same parts over and over. But I still love it!
 
The Force Unleashed (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, #1)
The Force Unleashed by Sean Williams. My husband had this Playstation game a few years ago and he really liked it. It was fun to watch (I am not much into any type of electronic games). I had trouble getting the storyline of the game and decided I would read the book. I still have yet to do so! It is a little late, my husband doesn't play this game anymore....but I would still like to read it.
 
Planet of Twilight (Star Wars)
Planet of Twilight by Barbara Hambly. This is one that I picked up from our local bookstore not too long ago, a used copy. I mainly picked it because it has Han Solo and Princess Leia in it. I really know nothing else about it. 
 
What book do I wish I had in my collection? 
Rogue Planet (Star Wars)
Rogue Planet by Greg Bear. I read this once from our base library, the one book I was hoping to find when they were giving away all their books when they closed. There was not a Star Wars book to be found, unfortunately. But I really enjoyed this book and would like to read it again. Aside from reading Star Wars books with Han Solo and Princess Leia, I also really love reading about Anakin when he was younger. His whole struggle with the light and dark within up until he completely shifts, is so interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Han and Leia. Yes, forever and always.

    I think I've read the Terry Brooks "The Phantom Menace" and really liked it;) So I'll have to check out some of these!

    ReplyDelete