Sunday, March 15, 2015

I could feel something stirring...

I could feel something stirring within me, some sort of change, rooted deep in my bones. I watched my finger nails growing longer before my eyes, reaching far past the tips of my fingers, my fingers that are now pale in the glow of the moon.
My mind began to panic. I felt something wet dripping down the side of my neck. I swiped the pads of my fingers across my neck, realizing that it was blood. I smeared the sticky substance between my fingers in wonderment.
My mouth began to hurt, my teeth aching deep into my jawbone. I cried out in pain as my fingers felt my canine teeth growing sharper, longer. I began to cry, tears streaming down my face and blurring my vision as my mind pieced together what was before me. I wailed out into the dark night as my body seethed with hunger, a desire that could not be stifled. I took off through the trees, my heart breaking with every step, as I raced towards the  distant laughter of my family.

Written by K, Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment