Monday, March 2, 2015

fun trilogies that have caught me eye lately

I have been searching a lot through YouTube videos and reviews online for some new book series that might intrigue me. I'm generally a classic book reader, but lately I've been pondering on the idea that maybe that is why struggle with finding the motivation to read so much. So, I am trying to peruse through books that are popular and more common place lately, discover some new gems for myself. I am being intensely drawn to post-apocalyptic types of books, which is a bit odd for myself, but I am going with the flow. I am currently reading the Divergent series, being about half way through the first book, and have quite quickly discovered a few other series within the same genre that I would really love to give a try. Here is my list of books that I would like to dig into:

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
1. Finish the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth (including the extra 4th book)
 
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
2. Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
 
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
3. Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica
 
Partials (The Partials Sequence, #1)
4. The Partials Sequence trilogy by Dan Wells (though I am not entirely sure if it is a series or trilogy, but from my understanding there are only 3 books right now)
 
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
5. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
 
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
6. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
 
I went ahead and ordered the Shatter Me trilogy, which I am most anxious to try, and These Broken Stars from Amazon, so I guess those will be my next books to tackle after the Divergent Trilogy. I started reading the snippets available to Shatter Me on Amazon and was instantly loving it and wanting to read more. I have no idea if I will ever pick up the other two trilogies, but I wanted to write up a post about books that have caught my eye lately, mainly so I don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment