Monday, March 9, 2015

Doc McStuffins playsets review

I was out and about with my daughters and we ended up having over an hour to spare before their dance class, so I just took them to Toys R Us to just browse. Of course browsing in Toys R Us always seems impossible! I ended up getting a couple of things for my daughters, with their promise of cleaning their rooms before being able to open them, and for myself I discovered these cute play sets of Doc McStuffins on clearance for less than $3 each.
I know it is a bit random, but I am always on the look out for adorable little random dolls that I can create some crocheted items for and see what other things I can create for them. I have been wanting a smaller doll like this for a while, but just haven't found any that I wanted to spend the money on. I could handle $2.98. So I got the mini Doc McStuffins set and a few more sets with all her toys and friends (which I thought would be fun to add in the photos of what I crochet for her). She somewhat reminds me of a Polly Pocket (same type of rubbery clothes), but is a teeny bit bigger.
Here are all 4 sets opened up.


The extra little accessories. There is a toothbrush and toothpaste, water bottle, doctor notebook, some casts, and a couple of other random things I have to figure out what they are.
The toys with their casts.
Doc McStuffins with her clothes off. Her pants and shirt are that Polly Pocket rubbery type of clothes. The shoes are hard plastic. She has limited articulation in her legs, arms, and neck, and has pink undies painted on!
Her face is pretty adorable, and I think looks a lot like her in the show. I love her cute little freckles. I think that it is possible her pigtails could become weak and snap off with hard play, but I shouldn't have any problems with that, as she is just going to be my model.
Her headband is molded onto her head and covered with a ton of glitter.
 
They did have some larger sets that included her whole doctor table and chair and all that kind of stuff, but had the same doll with it, just in different clothes. Those larger sets were about $5 I believe, if anyone wants to know. I opted to get the smaller doll set without all that, as I mainly wanted just the doll and it was cheaper that way. I think she is pretty adorable and will be a new fun doll to crochet for!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment