Friday, May 1, 2015

SO not Grimm!

http://www.amazon.com/Grimms-Complete-Classics-Brothers-Hardcover/dp/B00IIAUHMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430527812&sr=8-1&keywords=grimm%27s+complete+fairy+tales+fall+river

My oldest daughter was feeling quite chipper after her Remicade today (well, feeling better than usual), so I offered to take to her to a nearby Barnes and Noble, to sneak in a little mother-daughter time that didn't require a  hospital bed. It was a nice surprise that she felt up to it! So we spent some time wandering around chatting, looking at different books. I picked up my youngest the missing book from Diary of a Wimpy Kid that we can't seem to find anywhere, and my oldest ended up deciding on a gluten-free cook book (as Crohn's is a tad confusing, and causes her body to not be able to handle wheat, basically also like Celiac).
I wasn't planning on getting anything new, but I did discover a hardcover book filled with ALL the Grimm fairy tales, AND it was lightweight! I have been searching for something like that for a few years, and could not believe I found a beautiful one, for only $8. I had a book in our family house when I was younger with all the original tales that I loved browsing through now and then. Since I've been married, I've been wanting to get my hands on a nice one. I know I will be enjoying this a lot! I think I will try to read through the entire book over time, and possibly come up with some kind of a blog project to go along with it. I am not really sure what I would do yet, I haven't thought too much about it...but I will announce it if I can come up with something! I am super excited to dig into all the original tales!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your daughter was feeling better!:)

    Oh, that's cool! I found a book of Grimm's fairy tales at a thrift store the other day. I didn't actually end up buying it, but I was definitely considering it:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have!! I have always found the originals so intriguing.

      Delete