Created by Paperdollmom, Copyright 2015
If you want to view the free crochet pattern of this matching skirt, please click here.
Materials: crochet thread size 10, crochet hook size 6
- Chain 41, SC in second chain from the hook
- SC across for 7 rows, making sure to chain 1 at the end of each row before turning
- SC in the first 7 sts, decrease 1 SC 3 times, SC in the next 14 sts, decrease 1 sts 3 times, SC in the last 7 sts, chain 1, turn
- SC in the first 5 sts, decrease 1 SC 4 times, SC in the next sts, decrease 1 SC, SC in the next 2 sts, decrease 1 SC, SC in the next sts, decrease 1 SC 4 times, SC in the last 5 sts, chain 1, turn
- SC in the first 3 sts, then continue a pattern across of chain 3, SC in next stitch, then be sure to SC in the last 3 sts (this is the ruffle collar), chain 1, turn
- SC across
*You can tack down the collar in spots that you feel look best, or leave it as is. I tacked down my collar 3 ruffles in on each side, simply by sticking my hook into a row below while I was creating that SC (I put my hook into the new stitch, then into the row below, wrapped the yarn around hook and pulled it through). You do not have to tack the collar down during the last row of stitching if that is confusing or too difficult, you can still stitch it down afterwards with small scraps of thread.
-Finish off and then start with new thread on the bottom ruffle of the cape
- SC in the first 3 sts, then continue across with the pattern of chain 3, SC in next sts, then make sure to SC in the last 3 sts of the row, chain 1, turn
- SC across
- Finish off
* Now you can take an extra scrap of yarn and weave it through the bottom of the collar area, leaving a tail out on each side of the top of the cape. You can now use this thread to tie the cape closed with a bow.