Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Grimm Monday: Introduction

So, I will be starting a new weekly meme on here (again), hopefully one that will stick! I have written a new section in the menu that explains the new meme, but I will share it in this introductory post as well:
I have been inspired lately to try a new meme on here, one that I think will continue to hold my interest and that I can have a lot of fun with. I absolutely love fairy tales, and anything fairy tale-ish, so this new meme will revolve around that never fading love of the Grimm fairy tales. I finally got my hands on a lovely hardcover copy of the original Grimm fairy tales, and I couldn't be more excited. I cannot wait to dive in and start devouring the foundation for so many fairy tales that we have floating around today! Every Monday I will be posting something Grimm or fairy tale related, just to simply have fun with these well known (and not so well known) tales.
http://www.amazon.com/Grimms-Complete-Classics-Brothers-Hardcover/dp/B00IIAUHMU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430585520&sr=8-3&keywords=Grimm%27s+fairy+tales+fall+river+classic
For now, I believe I will start out with posting quotes from the tales I read in this new Grimm book of mine; quotes that I find intriguing or startling. To be honest, I am not yet sure what adventures will come of this new meme, but I am excited to start it anyways! For me, nothing will be off limits as I am allowing this meme to be pretty broad. You might see me sharing about films or shows that are fairy tale based, links to artwork I discover online that are fairy tale reminiscent, a fairy tale moment in my life, or even sharing some fairy tales I write myself. For me, right now, all is included in this meme, as long as it is something I want to share that is fairy tale related! These posts will be easily found under the tag My Grimm Monday, or in the archives labeled the same. I hope you enjoy a bit of Grimm on your Mondays, and feel free to leave comments with your thoughts, or links to your own blog for me to check out!

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea!:D I look forward to what you come up with!

    Okay, so this is a totally random idea -- and I completely and totally understand if you aren't that crazy about it -- but I had this idea a while ago when you and I and a couple other people were discussing our love of Mirror Mirror over at my blog one time. Would you be at all interested in starting one of those co-owned blogs, and dedicating it to this kind of thing--posting about fairytale adaptations, art, books, whatever? If you'd rather not, I totally understand, because I don't even really know how those dual owner blogs work...just an idea:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fun! But to be honest, I am not sure I would be able to come up with enough content to supply this blog and part of another. I wouldn't mind doing a guest post here and there, something like that might be easier. However, maybe coming up with something else might be more suitable if all parties involved have a blog. Such as, you could even create a weekly or monthly meme on your blog that would interest all the fairytale lovers to participate in. That would also help you out with coming up with post ideas! In fact, since you love fairy tales and lord of the rings, you should create 2 memes that would be fun for you. Such as... Fairy Tale Fridays (or... The Witches Web) , you could set up a post for readers to share cool things they find on the internet that are fairy tale related? And maybe for Lord of the Rings come up with a question about middle earth for readers to answer...anything Lord of the Rings related, such as favorites, least favorites, and wherever your creativity takes you! Those are two fairly easy memes that wouldn't take a whole lot of effort on your part, or even readers to participate in...and would be fun!

      Delete