Sunday, May 12, 2013

my motherhood

 
 
My motherhood flows
like a river
gliding and carefree
enjoying all the little moments
that make my center calm,
at peace, and right with the world.
The cold waters are refreshing,
fulfilling even, as I dissolve into
this world of constant
graceful movements that become
so natural, as if Destiny herself
has placed me head first
into this river, knowing it was mine.
Sometimes I am restless,
like a rushing rapid
out of control, my waves
crashing and destroying
as I am reminded that
there is no map, pamphlet,
or book that will withstand
these twists and turns
in the riverbed, as I allow
sharp rocks and twigs to
pierce me while I continue
on this path of my
everflowing, ever changing
journey of motherhood.

by K, Copyright 2013

*This poem was written in honor of Mother's Day, and to share what I cherrish most dear to me, my beautiful little ladies. This poem is also being shared with Poets United Poetry Pantry. The photo is one I took a few years ago, one that I always think is so precious...my two daughters lost in their own world of fun on a lovely sunny day.


8 comments:

  1. This is a very heartfelt piece,

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...no map...and the twigs that pierce...i feel that...parenting is not for the faint of heart for sure...smiles...but what an adventurous journey eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely metaphor using the river as a symbol of your motherhood - it is true being a mother is ever-changing and fluid just as a river. Thanks and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is well expressed. There definitely is no map of mothering, and everyone has to find her own way. There ARE always those twists and turns that make the journey a bit hazardous, but someone mothers find the right path on the changeable course. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! enjoy the journey, flow with the ebb and tide and when u r low they are many of us in the same boat, take heart and keep rowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely. Those "little moments" are so precious. Enjoy those beautiful little girls, who will be grown before you know it. It all goes way too fast. But what a not-to-be-missed voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the comparison of motherhood to the river, many twists and turns along the way but a journey well worth taking.Beautiful write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete