Friday, May 10, 2013

haiku for Mars?

My lovely hubby came home from work the other day telling me I should write a haiku for Mars. I had no idea what he was talking about, and he seemed to not have much more details other than the fact that people can send a haiku to Mars. So I did a search online and found some more information that I thought I'd share on my blog for all of you haiku writers that so sweetly view my poems:
Send your haiku to Mars!
I do have a small stash of haiku poems on this blog that I've written, as I was really taken with writing them (until I was introduced to acrostic poetry, which just sent me in a different direction). I've been pondering a space appropriate haiku for a few days, wondering what I could come up with that I may submit to this Mars project. I have to admit, it doesn't seem as easy to not being limitted to just Earth, and having the whole expanse of the universe to write about! Which, of course, in all actuallity doesn't make sense. I will continue to think on this, determined to come up with one brilliant spacey Mars haiku. Let me know in the comments if you are planning to submit any haiku, I would love to hear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment