Saturday, July 4, 2015

lots of 4th fun

Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans! Today we ate out at Fridays and then went to see our local parade, the first time in all the eight years we've lived here that we ventured downtown on the 4th. Then we got some ice cream and found a spot to watch the fireworks. It was pretty fun! My oldest even announced that it was the best 4th of July ever!

I even had two people wanting to hold my hand during the fireworks!

This is a photo of the beautiful tree we were next to during the parade....

Beautiful bark! I miss being around trees more often. Our base housing doesn't have very many, and the ones we do have are very tiny. 

Oh, and I came across a small craft booth at one point today during our walking, and discovered this little Spongebob Squarepants shell necklace. I couldn't resist that face! My girls and I each picked out one, as they were only $3 each. My oldest picked out a shell necklace with a pretty image of a crab on it, and my youngest settled on one with an image of a puppy!

Hope all that celebrate the birth of our country had a fun and safe holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Fourth of July!

    Those pictures are neat!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while I have a blast taking photos! I am always glad I did when the day is done.

    ReplyDelete